Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 10, 2005

We did it!

Our first week on our own is officially over! Actually, Greg doesn't get home until tomorrow morning, but now that she's asleep, we're home free. I'm really proud of how I did this week. I never got frustrated with her and we got into a good routine. I was able to do a few things around the house and exercised quite a bit. Greg will be home for 2 days, then will be gone again from Monday until Friday. I'm sure it will go fast.

Morgan has definitely learned cause and effect. This afternoon, whenever I would leave the room, she would fuss. As soon as I came back, she would stop and smile! Oh my, it seems so early for such manipulation! I left the room on purpose several times just to see if the fussing was a coincidence or premeditated. It was definitely the latter! We went to Target this afternoon and Morgan winked at the checker. We went on our daily walk tonight and then I exercised only for a few minutes because Morgan woke up in her stroller and fussed. Morgan really seems to like being outside. I've taken her out on the sidewalk a few times a day just for a change of scenery. She immediately stops fussing and looks all around. She loves to feel the wind in her face! I've also noticed the last few days that she is taking her pacifer more. Her new thing is to try to talk with it in her mouth! It seems to calm her down to have it in.

I talked to Michalle yesterday. She, Matt, and Jeb are about to move to Nashville. I'm excited that they will only be 9 hours away! I can't wait to meet Jeb. Maybe we can take some family vacations to Seaside with them!

Greg comes home in 11 hours! Yeah!

No comments: