Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

The Gerber-Cabbage Patch Baby

I have had numerous people in the last few weeks say that Morgan looks like both the Gerber baby and a Cabbage Patch Kid! I'm sure they mean it as a compliment. It has been awhile since I wrote last, but Morgan continues to be the cutest baby in the world! We had a good trip to Houston last week. It was short, but I think it's better that way. Morgan was pretty tired and fussy the day we left. She had stayed up late the night before "performing" for the Villarreal's, who had come over to visit. She was making her deep voice grunting sound for like 5 minutes straight. She sounds like the "Waaassssuuuppppp" guys. She slept alot better on this trip, which helped her mood. We took her up to Oak Forest (Carolyn's school) to meet Mrs. Lacefield and Mrs. Haynes. They just adored her. We then went outside to look at the progress on the arboretum they are building in Carolyn's honor. It's going to be really nice. They will have a dedication for it in October. We got home on Saturday night (6/25) and let Morgan sleep in her crib for the first time. She did really well, but I did not. It was so weird without her next to me. I woke up every time I heard her on the monitor. The next night was better. However, the last 2 nights, she has woken up at 6 am and can't put herself back to sleep. I put her in bed with us (just so I can get some rest) and she goes back to sleep quickly. She sleeps on her side facing me, even if I try to roll her over. Although she takes up all the room on my side, I don't mind. I know she won't be this little forever. She has still been eating cereal mixed with apple juice, although today I put some formula in it as well. Yesterday we went out to lunch with Amanda and Kirklyn and Morgan tried some fruit crunchies. It was a pretty wild lunch with both kids. Next time we will eat in a house! Leigh Ann is coming up tomorrow and Friday we are throwing a roommate shower for Lynley. I think it will be fun! It will be nice to have an extra set of hands in the house to play with Morgan!

No comments: