Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

3 days down, 3 to go

Morgan and I have made it 3 days on our own! I am very proud of us. Morgan has not been fussy at all (so far). I think her teething has subsided for the moment. Both last night and tonight we went for a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood. Morgan seems to enjoy looking at the trees, houses, and kitties. Tonight she turned her head when a dog barked, but then she fell asleep. I reclined her stroller seat so she was laying down and she slept for about an hour! I was able to come home and do the elipitical machine for 20 minutes and do ab exercises. The she and I took a bath, she ate, and then started to fall asleep. Just as she was dozing off, she got the hiccups (of course). So, she didn't fall asleep until 10:15. But that's OK. Bedtime has gone well all 3 nights this week. Last night, she was asleep but I accidently turned on the radio and it woke her up and she stayed awake for awhile. I had a gut feeling that I should just put her down, so I did and she fell asleep about 20 minutes later.

We had a good day today. Morgan went to my mom's for awhile so I could finish up at school. I shredded a huge amount of papers that I had filed for the last 4 years. I wish I hadn't saved all of it, but that's OK. I got it done. Tracy helped me finish packing and labeling things. She was ready to go, so I felt rushed. I hope I didn't forget anything. I wasn't sad to leave, and I didn't look back as I drove away. I got teary-eyed on the last day of school, but not today. I have been at home with Morgan for 2 weeks now, and I'm loving it. I don't miss work at all. Also, alot of drama has happened with Sally this year, so I'm glad to get out. I will miss my friends, but it turns out that several of them are leaving as well!

My mom said that Morgan's voice sounds different and that she has alot more hair. I've noticed that as well. Today I noticed that Morgan is blowing raspberries quite a bit. That may be the "b" sound I was hearing yesterday. I saw online some language milestones for a 5 month old. Morgan is right on track. She is even doing some things that a 7 month old should be doing! We are practicing rolling over every day. Even though the doctor said not to worry, I will still feel better once she can do it. She is sitting up really well. I think the practice in the Bumbo is helping. She sat up straight in her Boppy tonight for a good 15 minutes while I was on the phone with Adam. Speaking of the phone, I held the phone up to Morgan's ear and Greg talked to her. She turned her eyes toward the phone and then looked up at me and smiled. It was so sweet that she recognized his voice. I almost cried!

Tangent...I am watching something right now on Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. They are the new hot couple now days. I think it's so weird that she is so much taller than him. She has to look down to see him as if he were a munchkin. Bizarre.

Well, it's time to go to bed. Maybe Greg will call before midnight. If not, that's OK. I'll wake up to talk to him! We miss him so much!

No comments: