Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 06, 2005

A good compromise

Well, I did it. I actually started a blog! It came to me as I was laying in bed last night. I read an article in the paper yesterday about these ladies who are scrapbooking freaks. They document all the little thing that their kids do and journal them in these extravagent albums. This overwhelming guilt came over me. Am I a bad mother for not getting into this scrapbooking thing? All the girls at church seem to be into it, and I want to so bad! It just seems like such a big investment of time. money, and energy. Is it wrong to feel that way about my precious child's memories? So, I decided that this blog will be a good compromise. I can write every night about me and Morgan's day. Since I am now a stay-at-home mom (that's weird) I don't think many will find my entries all that exciting. In fact, it's doubtful that anyone (except maybe Greg) will be reading this at all. I just like to pretend that I'm writing to a vast audience!

Greg left yesterday for Kadesh and will be gone until Saturday. Saying goodbye wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. He did get teary-eyed when he said goodbye to Morgan. He sang his song to her and gave her hugs. It was very sweet. When I got home, I actually felt empowered like all the sudden I had to be this "supermom". I put together our eliptical machine, cooked dinner, did laundry, etc. It was very weird putting Morgan to bed since Greg does it every night. She did very well and went right to sleep. I think God knew how anxious I was and helped me out a little!

This morning Morgan slept until 10:00 and then we went up to Crow to work on my room. Several teachers came by to see Morgan. Ortiz said she was beautiful! There was no A/C, so it was very hot in the building. I got alot of work done, but I will have to finish tomorrow. Melanie Moseley and I found a fox family in the courtyard and called a wildlife rescue person to come and get them. I'm going to miss Melanie's daily animal rescues! Then we came home and took a nap. Morgan is in a very good mood right now. I've noticed recently that Morgan pays close attention to things that I do (making her bottle, eating dinner). I read that it's time to start cereal when she starts watching us eat. She has also added the "b" sound to her speaking. Also, the last few times we've gone in her bedroom, she has started talking. I think she likes being in there! After Greg gets home from his trips, we'll start letting her sleep in there.

Tonight I think I'll try out the eliptical machine. I'm determined to get back into shape. I want to feel better about myself and feel pretty again. I'm planning on taking Morgan to my mom's tomorrow. Hopefully it will work out.

We miss Daddy!

No comments: