Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thankfulness

Let the cleaning begin! Morgan is at Amanda's today because they are going out of town tomorrow. Luckily I don't have to work this week, so today is cleaning day! Bob is coming tomorrow and I'm hosting Thanksgiving at our house. It will only be him and my parents, but I want the house to be clean none the less. I don't feel that smashed peas and ravioli on the kitchen floor are appropriate for a holiday meal. Speaking of food, Morgan has tried many new table foods lately. Most have been at restaurants when we are trying to find anything to keep her occupied while we eat. Don't get me wrong, she's wonderful in public. She loves smiling and talking to the people around us, but sometimes she gets a little too excited. That's when the squealing starts. Most people think it's cute, but I'm convinced that if it goes on for more than 2 minutes, we might start to get dirty looks! I don't want to be that mother! Anyway, back to the food. Morgan has tried fried okra, pancakes (aka Morgan's first pancake night), peas, ravioli, carrot bits, chicken, french fries, rolls, peach cobbler, mandarin oranges (later I found out I shouldn't do citrus until 12 months, oops), grapes, pickles, and many others I've forgotten. She seemed to like everything, except the pickles. She thought she liked them at first, but then she sucked on one really hard and made a really funny "bitter beer face"! She's still eating mostly baby food, but I'm having her chew at least something at every meal so she gets used to it.

That's all for now. The clock is ticking and I've got to get started. Overall, we are really looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. Bob hasn't seen Morgan since August and she has changed sooooo much since then. We also get to see Brad and Leigh Ann on Saturday. We also get to remember all we have to be thankful for. I get teary eyed thinking about all God has blessed us with this year. We have a healthy, happy, beautiful baby girl who just adores us. She has taught us to love in a different way than we've ever known before. She brings us more joy than we ever could have imagined. Greg and I are truly proud of our accomplishment, but we know she is a miracle from God. I can't imagine my life without her!

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Phillips Family said...

I got all teary thinking about Morgan's first pancake night. I hope you took pictures and place them on the mantel next to photos of her first steps and her first date.

jenny biz said...

Thanks for sharing Alison!! Morgan is precious! Children are such gifts!! Can you believe God entrusts us with such jewels??:) Happy Thanksgiving! Jenny Biz