Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 04, 2005

Crank up that monitor!


Ahh, finally a moment to myself. I love naptime! I only wish I knew exactly how much time I had before the little darling wakes up. After she goes down, I live as if she is going to wake up in 20 minutes, which happens sometimes. Any longer than that is a treat. What do I do first? Hurry, go to the bathroom! Next, dry your hair! Go warm up your lunch so you can eat without someone tugging at your pant leg! Maybe you'll get lucky and get to fold some laundry! Before I became I mom, I never had to prioritize my daily (and hourly) activities!

We had fun on Monday night (Halloween). We went to a few houses, but Morgan mostly sat in our entry way and dug candy out of the bucket. I attached a picture that Lynley liked. Next year I need to find a costume that is a little more obvious than the strawberry. All night we heard, "Awww, what a cute tomato or apple or watermelon". Jerks! Just kidding.

Morgan has started this disappearing act several times a day. We'll be in the living room playing and all of the sudden, she's gone! She has followed a cat out of the room and usually ends up in her room playing. It's funny that she bypasses the guest room and bathroom. It's like she's knows which room is her's. Once I realize she's gone, I have a split second where I unrealistically think, "She'll be OK by herself! She's a big girl now!" These crazy thoughts stem from exhaustion, I'm sure. So, after a brief moment of insanity, I go find her. She thinks it's a fun game. More than anything, I think she just likes to play in her room. I'm glad since Mike and Katie spent so much time painting it!

Tonight we are heading out to the Lamar/Arlington game. It's the last game of the season, and I'm pretty sure Lamar's going to lose. Greg has 5th quarter afterwards, so he won't be home until 1:00am. Another night of putting Morgan to bed on my own! I don't mind it nearly as much as I used to. I used to get really uptight and dread it because Morgan and Greg have their little routine and she goes right to sleep. She will go to sleep for me fine, but I hate for her to miss out on being with him. It really has become a special time for them. Someone at the football game last night leaned over to us and said, "That baby must be a daddy's girl!" because of the way Morgan was looking at Greg. I think it's sweet and I know how lucky we are to have Greg so involved in every aspect of her upbringing. I couldn't ask for more!

Oh sweet, I hear Chicago's "You're the Inspiration" coming over the baby monitor. No, no, they aren't performing a private concert in Morgan's nursery, though I think that would be fabulous! They are actually on 103.7 KVIL. Morgan tends to nap better with a little background noise, so I turn on the radio very soft. I chose KVIL because the music is soothing. At first, I had it on KISS fm, but I didn't think that 50 Cent's "In Da Club" was the best message for Morgan to hear subliminally as she slept. So, I'm going to crank up the monitor and have a moment to myself!

1 comment:

Phillips Family said...

I completely understand about naptime--I run around frantically, clutching the baby monitor, just waiting to hear that darling voice. On the days when I think, "Oh, he will sleep for a long time so I'll just take a little nap" he wakes up after twenty minutes. On the days i run frantically around, he sleeps for two hours.
thanks for choosing my picture! I feel special. I thought she looked JUST like a strawberry!