Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Happy Spring!

Finally here is an update!

Happy Springtime from the Pirtle's!


At the zoo with Kirklyn
Art time with Daddy



Afraid of the Easter Bunny!

We've had a crazy but fun last couple of months. The Spring seems to be flying by and it will be summer before we know it! Our family will be moving to Allen, TX this summer for a new job. So, we are in the middle of trying to sell the house, pack, etc. What a stressful event moving is!

Morgan still amazes us everyday with her spirit, humor, and sayings. Tonight she had an especially cute prayer. Usually Greg puts her to bed, but I did it tonight since he is at the Mavs game. They have their normal ritual of prayer and songs. Morgan came up with the order randomly one night, and insists that they do it the same every night.
The songs are as follows (and never out of order):
1. Hush Little Baby
2. Jesus Loves Me (complete with sign language)
3. Jesus Loves the Little Children
4. Oh Morgan, Yes Morgan (Greg made this one up!)

Before I sang all of those, I began to pray, but Morgan took over. Here was her prayer -
"Dear God,
Thank you for Kirklyn.
Thank you for Pattycake. (Kirklyn's grandma)
Thank you for Nana. (Amanda)
Thank you for Target.
Thank you for my car.
Thank you for Kirklyn's car.
Thank you for Pattycake's car.
Thank you for my phone.
Amen."

Morgan had such a fun night. Her favorite band was on American Idol tonight! She developed a small obsession with Bon Jovi after we heard them on the radio one day in the car several months ago. The obsession has since grown and is now little out of control, but still funny. I knew we were in trouble when I heard her say, "Mommy, I wanna hear Bon Jovi!" I nearly lost it. I never imagined my 2 year old daughter enjoying rock from the 80's and 90's! We have to listen to our "Greatest Hits" CD everytime we get in the car, now.
She usually requests 1 of 2 songs:
1. "Whoa, Whoa, Whoa song" (Livin' on a Prayer)
2. "The Cowboy Song" (Wanted Dead or Alive)
Luckily, both songs were sung on the show tonight. She danced her little heart out!

Here are some more pictures from the last few months-
Resting with AJ

Dress up time

Easter Sunday

Easter egg hunt after church

"Helping" Isaac gather some eggs

4 comments:

Phillips Family said...

umm....you know her little table and chairs matches Isaac's nursery, right? I am just saying.

I IMMEDIATELY thought of Morgan when I heard Bon Jovi was going to be on American Idol. We need to get her a little baby Bon Jovi t-shirt to support her favorite band!

Unknown said...

Moving?!! Wow. What is Greg's new job? I'm anxious to hear and excited for you all.

I love that you have art time with her. What a great idea! Take care.

Unknown said...

Hi Alison! Thanks for the comment on my blog. I have stumbled on your blog a time or two but haven't ever left a comment. Morgan is so beautiful, and it cracks me up that she loves Bon Jovi! It sounds like she has a great little personality! Good luck with the move, and if you have already moved houses, good luck with unpacking with a two year old. We moved when Jackson was nearly one, and that was hard enough. I can't imagine moving with a two year old!

~ Kate (Barclay) Martin

Tami said...

Hi Alison! Your family is beautiful! I am so glad you guys are doing well.

--Tami (Lamberth) Freeman